You don't have to be vegan to appreciate a delicious vegan cake recipe. Today I'd like to share with you a fantastic, delicious and moist vegan carrot cake recipe that I have just recently perfected. It took a few tries, I'll admit, but I feel like I have finally got it perfect. This vegan carrot cake recipe will take about an hour, in total, from start to finish and most of that time is waiting for it to bake—this is when I like to clean the pots and pans that are used, but let's not worry about that stuff yet: there's baking to be done!
1. 1 cup soy milk
2. 2 cups carrots (grated)
3. 3 cups flour
4. 2 cups water
5. 1 cup sugar
6. 1/2 tsp salt
7. 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
8. 1 1/2 cups raisins
9. 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
10. 1 1/2 tsp allspice
11. 1/2 tsp cloves
1. The first thing you need to do, as with most cake recipes, is to preheat that oven of yours to 350°F. This will take roughly as long as the preparation of the recipe, so start your oven whenever you are ready to start preparing things.
2. Over a medium heat in a medium saucepan, combine the water with the carrots, raisins and spices and mix them together. Allow this mixture to simmer for 10 minutes before adding salt and sugar.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour with the baking soda. Fold in the mixture from the saucepan as well as the soy milk.
4. Lightly grease a medium baking pan and pour the cake batter inside.
5. Bake this batter in the oven, uncovered, for 50 minutes.
6. The classic trick to tell when a cake is done is to poke the center with a toothpick. When you are able to easily remove the toothpick without any batter sticking to it, your cake is done! If you don't want any holes in your precious cake, wait at least 40 minutes and then allow it to cool slightly before serving.
If you enjoyed this cake recipe, take a look at some of my others!