I've got a very special carrot cake recipe to share. This recipe is special for a number of reasons. One reason, in my opinion, is the inclusion of delicious berries. In addition to that, this is a very healthy carrot cake recipe, so you can feel free to add a little extra to your plate! On top of that, this recipe is very easy to make and quite delicious.
What you will need to make this carrot cake recipe:
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of ground ginger
1 tsp of allspice
1/4 tsp of salt
1 1/4 cups of water
1 1/4 cups of finely chopped dates
1/3 cup of thawed orange juice concentrate
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 cup of dried blueberries
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1. Preheat your oven until it reaches a temperature of 350°F (180°C).
2. Coat your baking pan with oil, butter or margarine.
3. Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan.
4. Add orange and dates into the saucepan, then remove the saucepan from the heat and let everything get to room temperature.
5. Use a whisk to mix together each of your dry ingredients until they are evenly blended in a mixing bowl.
6. Mix together all of the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, until it is all of the same consistency.
7. Pour this mixture into your greased baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
You're in for a treat with this recipe. When you find yourself running to the store a few days later to make another batch of this healthy carrot cake recipe, don't say I didn't warn you!