Chocolate cakes are the secret weapon that you can prepare in less than one and a half hours and serve fresh at your dinner parties. The best method is to follow the plain chocolate cake recipe given below and then serve it with your choice of frosting or icing. To help you along, we have included a delicious chocolate cake recipe here as well.Items needed for the cake:
- 500 grams of all-purpose flour
- 440 grams of caster sugar (you can also use powdered sugar)
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 90 grams of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 200 grams of butter softened at room temperature
- 250 ml of fresh milk
- 3 large eggs
- 250 ml of hot coffee
- Grease an 11-inch baking tin using a little cooking oil and dust a little flour on the insides. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, break the eggs and add the sugar. Beat at a medium speed for about 2 minutes until the mixture turns white and a little fluffy.
- Add the butter and beat at a high speed until the mix is all smooth and creamy and almost double in size.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the milk and coffee and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Scrape the bottom well so that everything is well mixed. You can use an electric mixer to blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour the prepared batter in the greased baking tin and smooth the top.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170C for about an hour.
While the cake bakes, here is a simple and easy recipe of cream chocolate ganache that you can use with the cake.
- 500 ml of fresh cream
- ½ kg of dark cooking chocolate (chopped)
- ¼ kg of fresh raspberries or strawberries for garnishing
- In a thick saucepan, heat the fresh cream until on the verge of boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Stir the mix until smooth and glossy.
- Chill in the fridge while the cake cools.
When serving, cut a slice of the cake and serve with a dollop of fresh cream on the side and watch the smile of delight on your guest’s face.
Once the cake is cool, place it on a cake stand and slather the chilled gananche over the top and sides. Garnish with sliced raspberries on the top.