I'm excited to share this delicious red velvet cake recipe. There’s something classical and elegant about the shape of a bundt cake that has transcended generations. The fact that this is a red velvet cake is a delicious twist. Even though it’s just food coloring, there’s something special about that rich red velvet color. Without further ado, here is the red velvet bundt cake recipe that will make you a kitchen all-star!
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 3/4 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of red food coloring
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil
1) Preheat your oven to 350F.
2) You don’t have to use a bundt pan, but if you have one, grab it and grease it then apply some flour on top (do this with whichever pan you use for this cake recipe).
3) In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, food coloring, buttermilk, vanilla and vinegar and mix them together well.
4) In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, and then combine both bowls. This ensures everything is properly blended.
5) Pour this batter into your bundt cake pan and bake for 45 minutes.
Now that you’ve completed this cake recipe, you may want to find a delicious icing recipe to go on top; but this cake is great without icing, as well.